Cuentos y Leyendas
Técnicas de estudio
Todos los derechos reservados. All rights reserved.
Please fill the gaps with "like" or "as"
1) Paul is really kind. He gave me this present ________ a birthday present.
2) My friend Margaret looks ________ her mother.
3) Although you're Spanish, you speak ________ a Japanese.
4) She wishes she had a house ________ her friend.
5) I've never met a person ________ you. Thanks for being my friend.
1) Paul is really kind. He gave me this present as a birthday present.
2) My friend Margaret looks like her mother.
3) Although you're Spanish, you speak like a Japanese.
4) She wishes she had a house like her friend.
5) I've never met a person like you. Thanks for being my friend.
Explanation and examples
When the meaning is "similar to" or "the same as". Cuando el significado es "similar a" o " lo mismo que".
Your house is really big. It's like a palace. (But it's not a palace)
She is a pilot, like me. (But she is not me)
Like + NOUN / PRONOUN.
He looks like a supermodel.
She studies like him.
To give an example. Para dar un ejemplo.
Some people, like Tom and Margaret, study Spanish.
They do some sports, like footbal and basketball.
He prefers Spanish food, like paella.
'What's she like?' She's very kind with everybody.
As + SUBJECT + VERB
She studied as she had been told,
They go to the school as everybody goes.
She is as beautiful as her friend.
They work as hard as us.
To describe a job or role. Para describir un trabajo o papel.
He works as an electrician. (He is an electrician) [My father is like an electrician. (He is not an electrician)]
Ver más ejemplos y explicación aquí.
Preparando tu futuro
Tel: 976 744 101
Clases y cursos
Informática - Abaco
Trabaja en Anayet
© 2019. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 976 744 101